During the last few decades, there has been a significant increase in the demand for asbestos testing in Manukau. More people are becoming aware of the negative health consequences caused by inhaling asbestos fibres. It is highly likely that a large percentage of the Manukau houses in the region have asbestos remains within their structure. The condition of the asbestos in houses is prone to deterioration over time. With this said, it is imperative for the future occupants of these buildings to take note of the basic house inspection procedures in order to protect themselves from any health hazards.
Before you begin with the required asbestos removal and asbestos testing in Manukau procedures, you first have to acquire a home inspection report from the inspectors. A home inspection report is prepared after taking feedback and observations from the realtors, builders and architects during the construction of the home. The primary purpose of this report is to inform the future residents of the condition of the house and the procedures undertaken to maintain the integrity of the building. In addition to this, the report also indicates whether there have been any violations committed by the building owner and other necessary information to conduct a successful test removal. The report forms the basis for the homeowner’s complaints about the house and their plans to renovate the structure.
When asbestos testing in Manukau is initiated, the first step taken is to set up an asbestos survey team to locate the asbestos fibres and evaluate them based on the size and texture. Based on the inspection results, the tests will be conducted. These tests are conducted by trained individuals who are fully aware of the risks associated with handling asbestos. They are qualified to conduct the house inspection according to asbestos guidelines. Once all the tests are conducted, the results are documented and the asbestos sample is collected.
The second stage in the asbestos testing in Manukau process is the evaluation of the samples collected. Samples are taken from the samples for evaluation based on the asbestos characteristics such as size, shape and density. When the samples are ready, they are sent to the laboratory for detailed examination. Special filters are used to collect the samples and place them under the microscope for closer examination. The purpose of the examination is to determine the presence of asbestos in the material or its total thickness.
When the material is thoroughly analyzed by the laboratory, it is then tested for its suitability for use as a building material. If the tests indicate that asbestos fibres are present in the material, the quality control company should request the necessary certification to ensure that the material does not contain asbestos. Once the certification is received, the material may then be released for use by prospective residents of the property.
Once all the required asbestos testing in Manukau has been successfully completed, your property can then apply for a certificate of occupancy. Once the certificate of occupancy has been awarded, the inspector will then inspect the house and ensure that all the asbestos removal and testing has been successfully completed. Once the inspection is complete, the certificate of occupancy is valid for one year and you will no longer have to worry about the material potentially harming your home. It will also save you from having to pay for an asbestos removal or repair job.
A special asbestos test kit is available at most hardware and home improvement stores in Manukau. The kit consists of an air gap, a sample collection jar, a sample collection stick and an asbestos disposal filter. You must allow the asbestos material to air out of the home for at least 30 minutes before collecting the samples. This will allow the scientists to determine if asbestos fibres are present in the home. Once the material has been air out of the home, the samples can be returned and a diagnosis made on the asbestos content.
If asbestos is found in your home, it is very important to remove the asbestos fibres immediately. You should not touch the asbestos materials with your hands because you could inadvertently inhale the fibres into your lungs. If the asbestos fibres are inhaled, they can easily enter the body and cause serious medical conditions such as pleural plaques and lung cancer. asbestos is known to cause asbestosis and mesothelioma and is the reason many countries have taken the asbestos removal issue very seriously. You should also be aware that there is currently a ban on the use of asbestos in a majority of the United States. If asbestos is discovered in your home, you should contact Jim’s Building Inspections immediately who can advise you on the best course of action for removing the asbestos from your home.